I’m Damon, the world’s first Realtor Profit First Professional. As a young child, my favorite activity was opening my piggy bank and counting my money.
I can throw a mean newspaper. While I was a teenager my father developed a serious health condition that ended my parent’s marriage. We were instantly thrown into poverty and in order to make ends meet, during high school I woke up at 2 or 3 am each morning to deliver newspapers to our paper route. It was my way of helping our family make ends meet.
When I was 24, I was on vacation in Hawaii and I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. The book had a profound change on my perspective about money. I knew instantly that if I wanted to create my Ideal Money Life™, I had to become a business owner. A few months later, I bought my first business – A-1 Cleaning. This began my love affair with entrepreneurship.
Damon Yudichak MBA, PFP
I spent the last twenty plus years learning and implementing everything I could get my hands on regarding entrepreneurship
Throughout my college education, I took the lessons I learned in the classroom and tested them out in my business. I’ve developed a love affair with business. I’ve learned from personal experience that owning a successful, growing and profitable business is the best way to create an amazing life.
Simplify The Money Side of Your Business
Every Realtor has a unique story for why they started a Real Estate Career. Very few Realtors have a background in running a business. The sole purpose of owning a business is to make money. The business must be profitable, or it will suffer a slow and agonizing death.
I continually see Realtors make the same tragic money mistakes. They have no idea how much money their making or spending. This clueless approach to money often leads to confusion, tireless efforts, spinning wheels and burnout. I believe this is the reason why more than 80% of new agents fail as a Realtor is because they don’t understand and manage the money side of the business.
Luckily for you, I’ve created a solution to simplify the money side of your Realtor Business. I work with Realtors to create a simple system to manage the cash in their business. I get rid of the accounting mumbo jumbo and translate all that money speak into easy to understand English.
Success with money boils down to simple math.
All Those Numbers Are So Confusing
Why does it have to be so complicated? Nobody told you when you started selling homes that you would have to read a P&L statement. They told you to watch out for taxes. All these numbers. It’s just so overwhelming.
The money side of your business is the key to capturing the wealth you create from all your efforts selling homes.
If you don’t learn the language of a business now, what makes you think you’ll figure it out later?
Don’t let anyone fool you into thinking the money side of your business has to be complicated.
Six Things I Know About You
1. You got where you are because you know how to work hard.
2. Cracks are starting to form in the life you’ve built.
3. You’re juggling a lot. It’s just a matter of time before it all comes tumbling down.
4. They don’t appreciate how much of your heart you put into everything you do.
5. The money & numbers just don’t make sense. Maybe if I ignore it, things will get better.
6. If you only had more time…
What is This Place?
Ideal Money Life™ is the central pillar of my business philosophy.
Ideal Money Life™ is the whole package. Wealth in every area of your life. That is what I call an Ideal Money Life™.
Owning a business is the entry point to the Ideal Money Life™. Business ownership gives us the ability to design the lives we deserve. Owning a business enables us to grab hold of the best that life has to offer.
Ideal is a word chosen for a specific reason. Ideal is not perfection. Perfection is unattainable.
However Ideal is closer than you realize. Here’s what Ideal looks like:
- You control your time. You do what you want, when you want with whom you want.
- You are the master of your money.
- You are connected with work that fills your heart
- You have the health to enjoy it all
- You have cherished relationships
Getting the money side of your business right, enables us to buy back our time and focus on the what’s closest to your heart.
“If lack of focus is the cause of waste,
then focus reduces waste.”
11 Fun Facts About Me
1. One of my favorite memories as a child was opening up my piggy bank and counting my money. I guess you could say I’ve always been fascinated with money.
2. I ran six marathons in a year. Technically it took me 370 days, but I think that’s close enough to count a all being run in one year. I learned a powerful lesson after my first marathon.
It’s easy to complete a marathon. Just put one foot in front of the other for 26.2 miles.
3. I bought my first business, A1 Cleaning, while I was in my third year in college. I cleaned toilets, emptied garbage and vacuumed carpets. This was my first taste of entrepreneurial bliss. I was doing dirty work and loving it because it was my business. While running A-1 cleaning I fell in love with business and studied accounting, so I could become intimately knowledge with the language of business.
4. I started my second business while I was on unemployment during the worst financial crisis my generation has ever known. I know the difficulties of not having a steady income, pulling myself up by my bootstraps and getting a business up and profitable during the worst of times.
5. My first two years in business I was unprofitable. Then I remember the simple keys to getting control of money. Four years from that day, I had grown my business so that it created my ideal life. I was making great money, socking lots of cash away to retirement and taking a vacation every month.
6. I ran a public accounting company for 11+ years.
7. I love building model airplanes. I love the detail painting and the process of putting a bunch of pieces together to create a masterpiece.
8. I’ve been to the moon. Well not literally, only twelve people actually walked on the moon. However, I interviewed Dr. Edgar Mitchell about his visit to the moon. The way he shared his experience with me transported me back decades to the time when he walked to Cone Crater with Alan Shepherd. It truly was an out of this world experience.
9. I can throw a mean newspaper. While I was a teenager my father developed a serious health condition that ended my parent’s marriage. We were instantly thrown into poverty and in order to make ends meet, during high school I woke up at 2 or 3 am each morning to deliver newspapers to our paper route. It was my way of helping our family make ends meet.
10. My son Levi calls me Soaring Eagle. My oldest daughter Norah calls me Mighty Oak. My second daughter Claire calls me Hot Smokes. My youngest daughter Zoe calls me Stop It.
11. I prioritize my life by the Pareto Principle. It is my measuring stick to make sure I don’t waste this precious time I have on the third rock from the sun.
To learn more about Business money advice check out my blog.